Monday, March 17, 2008

A Winter Weather Update: It Ain't Over Yet!

.
Over the past week we have had three winter storms! To make things worse, Environment Canada is forecasting an additional 50cm of snow overnight. That said, I must say that the snow really is not a terrible thing, especially when considering the number of snow days we have had. This semester, MUN has been closed three times due to snow or deteriorating weather conditions. Of course, my tune would be different if I had to shovel a driveway or walk long distances to and from school. Outside of St. John's and the Avalon Peninsula, I think winter has left a larger mark. I read last week that Fogo Island declared a state of emergency when an avalanche blocked the only road into the community with snow. Since that last storm, I think things have almost returned to normal across the island - just in time for tonight's pummeling!

No comments: