Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm Now A CAPM!

.
Since returning from the Christmas break I've been putting in several hours of study every weekend or so in order to prepare to sit for the Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam. Well, all of those hours finally paid off today when I passed the exam! While my intention is to eventually sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam, I do not have all the required work experience hours yet. So, In the meantime, I decided to pursue the CAPM designation as an intermediate step towards that PMP designation. Now all I need is a job to put my new project management skills to the test!

The test itself was not overly challenging. It was a computer based, multiple choice exam with pass/fail scores returned immediately after you hit "submit exam". Among all of the classmates taking the exam (11 test takers out of a class of 35), we formed study groups, read texts, prepared presentations, and then last weekend did a two day crash course on all the material! The discussions we had were excellent and made the dry material a lot more interesting. I should also mention that the test centre was uber high tech with fingerprint scans, ceiling cameras, and noise dampening headphones!

Everyone who wrote the exam today passed, and so we all went out to the nearby on-campus pub to celebrate. After a couple of pints... I then had to go to an evening class to not only sit in on a lecture but also hand in an assignment and write a quiz! This certainly made for an exhausting day!

No comments: