Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ahh Winter... The Smell of Exams!

.
This will most likely be my last post of 2007, as these past couple of days have moved into warp speed and I am busily studying away for those A's. I have just two more exams to go - both are on Friday with the last exam scheduled for 7:00pm. On Saturday I have a simulation/presentation to participate/give and then it's Christmas vacation! Saturday night should be busy since class finishes at 5:00pm, and I have to fit laundry and packing in before I head off to a Christmas party with a bunch of other MUN students. My flight back to Ottawa leaves St. John's on Sunday morning at5:30am. The reality is that I may not get much sleep at all Saturday night. The campus is now down to the last few students who got the short end of the exam schedule stick.

In other news, snow is now just starting to accumulate on the ground. I must point out that we are several feet of snow behind Ontario. I was told that St. John's doesn't typically get snow until late December or early January. So the snow is actually a little early this year. I will have to post some pictures, particularily some with the ducks that call Burtons Pond "home". The ducks now have much less water in which to swim as the pond is beginning to freeze over. In wanting to keep the ducks around all year, the university has designed the pond such that a pipe delivers warm water to keep a portion of the surface ice free. I wonder what this does to the health of the pond?

Should I not get the chance to visit with you while in Ottawa, Toronto, or area over the next couple of weeks, I will take this opportunity to wish you a very merry holiday season and happy new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Real, It was good to see you over the holidays, and we're all looking forward to seeing the pictures of those lucky ducks! Have a safe trip back to the Rock, Bye!